Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10/28/2008 - Tuesday

The Deed is done; the Vote is cast. Mom wondered on Sunday night why she should vote. My only retort was that she spends a lot of time in front of the television, and she has probably heard more about the elections than I have. [Never could get her on the internet.] She said she would look at it later. So first thing on Monday I showed up with her absentee ballot again. We talked again about her move to Philadelphia, and she noted that she didn’t know most of the people on the ballot. I suggested that she vote for the one at the top. With her vote on the ballot and her signature in place I drove to City Hall to cast my absentee ballot.

I didn’t think that I would have to spend money this time, but I forgot about parking in downtown Philadelphia. It took an hour and $11.50 but I’ve cast my ballot, that's only a fourth the cost of my primary ballot which didn't get counted. Now I can hang up the telephone every time I get a robocall.


Surrounded by two neighbors who had Barak Obama signs in their yards when we got back from South Africa, we haven’t put in a yard sign. But I’ve got the first I voted sign.

No comments: