Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2/12/2008 Monday and Tuesday

Well it took an hour on Monday morning, but I’ve have network access, library access, and ID card. I just can’t seem to download the anti-virus software. Not bad for a days work. Syllabi take up most of the day for my class and the team teaching with Andries Buffel. I’m amazed at how more demanding I seem to be. We’ll see once the class starts and the folks interact with both of us. It’s early to bed and early to rise with 7:20 Chapel every day and Chapel at 7 pm every evening. Not all students come, but I seem to be a regular. On Tuesday evening I just happened glance at the schedule on the Chapel door, as faculty are leading this first week of services. I’m on for Wednesday night. An unexpected gift. So as I reflect on the days, I’m also thinking about tomorrow.

I had my first monkey sighting. As we walked by one of the seminary houses, behind the fence watching all the people walk by was one of Africa’s natural wonders. My student guide for the morning round of offices and ID’s said I bet you don’t have that in America. I responded that I doubt he has seen the quantity of squirrels we can offer. Email is lovely and my next post will share and exchange I’ve had with Joel about politics American style. Peace.

No comments: