Friday, February 8, 2008

2/7-8/2008 Thursday & Friday

The Vines protect the "Green" laundry dryer.

It's humble, but its home.


A student asked me what my impressions were of LTI and SoRaT, after pausing, I said, “Hurry up and Wait.” The registration and orientation process reminds me of my student days at Wittenberg, with a lot more plastic and no punch cards. Waited all day Thursday for LAN access and am still waiting on Friday. Thanks go to the Librarian for sharing her access codes. I was able to get the Blog up and running, and lo and behold, Dawn gave the first comment. Worked on the sermon Thurs and finished it on Friday before lunch and then printed it. The students asked if it would change. My response, “wait and see.” Dawn asked for more pictures, so as I upload more today, I’ll place pictures of the place and people. I think I’ll send pictures of the birds to Robin, there are some unique creatures.

Dinner Thursday night was with Brian and Kristen Kangel, the Young Adult Missionaries, preparing to find placements for Young Adults on a mission. With a car in place they will move into their home tomorrow. Boxes and bags, but no furniture. Old high school friends they reconnected while he was on internship in Guyana and she was a Peace Corp volunteer. They went back as missionaries for a term in Guyana and were acquainted with Miriam Schmidt and her husband [senior moment-can’t remember his name] who is one of my advisees. They do have a unique challenge.

So on Friday afternoon its back to working on class presentations for next week and cleaning up stuff that needs to be emailed back to LTSP, and maybe a walk to the shopping area, if the rain stops. Too bad its here and not in the Cape area. The drought there sounds like the wild fires of San Diego in November. The world is subject to the decisions of its people, may God give us guidance in Zimbabwe, Kenya, South Africa, and the US, where politics are all affecting the news.

No comments: