Sunday, February 17, 2008

2/17/2008 Sunday

Like an artichoke, plans begin to be unfolded, about other plans for my time here. It’s not just the teaching, but my hosts want to make sure that I have a “good” South African experience. There is a subliminal agenda that they do not want to see this kind of interchange be short lived. So I’ve been asked to make sure that they have an evaluative piece before I leave.

I am sure that the weather has had a good deal to do with my start here. We have ranged from 31+C to 13C, with lots of rain when it gets cold. Last night as the sun went down from a high of 30C, you could feel the chill rolling in. Yet today after the first Sunday Service on campus, I saw Adults in the swimming pool for the first time. A spirited two hour worship with all music ‘a cappella,’ led by the students, ended with a line out the door in which everyone passed the peace to every other person in worship. It really was a moving experience.

A hot Saturday was spent working on stuff that was left over from home. With my feet up and ice tea in my glass, life is more than OK, but I do miss the folks from home starting with DCS. Peace.

No comments: